vineri, 31 mai 2013

Cupcakes course - differences between FONDANT - GUM PASTE - MODELLING PASTE


Last days I went to a cupcake course, where I've learned lots of new things ( maybe many of you already know them), but since I am not a professional baker and I'm kind of new in this domain, I found these tips  interesting and very good to know.

I learned the differences between fondant, gum paste and modeling paste. Also a great recipe for vanilla cupcakes. I'll try it soon and post it here :)

FONDANT:

  • is used as covering
  • doesn't dry as hard as gum paste
  • you can mix fondant and gum paste for modeling decorations.
GUM PASTE:
  • is used to make flowers
  • it can be rolled thinner without tearing
  • it dries faster then fondant
  • it hardens quicker, but sometimes causes cracking in the figures
MODELING PASTE:
  • can be used to make decorations , flowers, ribbons
TIPS: 

 For a better result you can also mix fondant and gum paste for modeling decorations. It gives you a little more time to make adjustments.
 Never leave your pastes or fondant out. It will dry. Keep it covered or wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in a plastic bag when not being used.


Of course there are many others pastes, but for a beginner is good to know these 3.

Here are some pictures from the course that I took with my phone.

We've learned how to make roses from a mix of  fondant and gum paste





Niciun comentariu: