miercuri, 22 mai 2013

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting

I finally got my Wilson dyes and I'm very happy :)
The moment I put my hands on them, I knew I have to make my favorite cupcakes, red velvet.
 I was really curious to see if they are as good as everybody says. And they were right. The result is amazing :)
The cupcakes are delicious and really easy to make.
As you put them in the oven and they start to cook a little, an incredible smell catches your nose. It's so hard to resist it!

The recipe is from the 33 Gourmet list, but I decided to go for another frosting
So I made Martha's Stewart recipe for Mascarpone  Frosting . It's dead simple to make and it's to die for :D

The combination of red velvet cupcakes and mascarpone frosting... hmm... 10 points out of 10!

Envoy!

Ingredients:

For cupcakes:
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 T cocoa powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1 T red food coloring
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

For frosting:
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted

Preparing the cupcakes:
Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, egg, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla.
While mixing at medium speed, gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture until just combined. Fill cupcake liners 3/4.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. 
Let cool completely before you put the frosting.

The frosting:
With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (be careful  not to over beat, or cream will be grainy).
In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until completely incorporated. 
Use immediately or save it in the fridge before serving the cupcakes.










Niciun comentariu: