miercuri, 19 iunie 2013

Frozen yogurt cupcakes

It was so hot these days and I spent most of my time laying by the pool to get most of the sun :D
It's important for me to get a great tan cause I'm getting married this year at the end of august and I have to look perfect in my white dress. I'm getting so excited thinking about it! Can't wait!


And because the sun was burning and it was really hot outside, I was looking for all kinds of things to cool down a bit. I've made some great lemonade, flavored with mango and strawberries. I've bought an ice cream machine so I can make my own home made ice cream. I tried lots of recipes and I found some great ones. My hubby is in heavennn!  I ate lots of water melon, sweet and fresh!

And yesterday I remembered that  not too long ago I found this nice and simple recipe, called frozen yogurt cupcakes. Sounds so good, right? Especially on these sunny days. This one was with strawberries and bananas, but you can make whatever combination of fruits you like and desire. I will also try it with mango, kiwi, raspberry and peach!


The recipe is soo simple to make and you only need a few ingredients. Also in one hour and a half you can envoy it. That's all the time you need to prepare it and keep it in the freezer . Or you can make it by night and have it the next day, as I did.


To eat it better I suggest to put a stick in the middle and 
have it like an ice cream ( do this before put it in the freezer).
I just love these things! I'm pretty sure that I'll make a lot of these this summer.
Another great thing is that kids can have it. It's all home made.  


The recipe was with vanilla yogurt, but I preferred to make my own , from natural and bio yogurt. Just add some powdered sugar (make it as sweet as you like) and vanilla extract. That's it! :D

And here is the original recipe that I tried.

INGREDIENTS:

9 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
8 strawberries (I added more)
Half a ripe banana
1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips to decorate

Optional - I added 5 teaspoons of chocolate chips in the yogurt

DIRECTIONS:

Place 12 mini silicone baking cups on the top of an ice cream tray or small wooden cutting board.
If you are making your own vanilla yogurt, first mix the yogurt with powdered sugar (put as much as you like) and vanilla extract. 
Add the chocolate chips in the yogurt and give it a little stir.
Fill each of the cups halfway with yogurt, using only  six-ounce.




Puree the strawberries and banana. Add a small spoonful to each cup, so no white is showing.


Add a dollop of yogurt to each cup using the last three ounces of yogurt.
Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of each cup.

 Gently place the tray in the freezer for at least an hour.
 Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for 10 minutes before eating.
Envoy on a hot summer day!



Photos by Emi Trasnitu

Niciun comentariu: