luni, 22 aprilie 2013

Chocolate cupcakes

This cupcake recipe is  from the 33 gourmet list. It is called Sis's Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Frosting.
This time I haven't made the frosting from there. I just thought that it was too ''black'' for my taste. Too much chocolate ( if this can be possible :D ) I just preferred to add some white.
All I can say is that today I had a very busy day.  In my country, we are celebrating St. George tomorrow and this is my hubby's second name. So we will gonna celebrate him!
He asked me if I can make some cupcakes so he can bring to work. Obviously, I said yes.
But not only I said yes, but I decided to go for 3 different cupcake recipes. Me, happy!
This is one of them. You'll see the next ones in the future posts.
This was an excellent idea as we are going on holiday this week, and  I will have recipes to post while I'm gone.

What can I say about this recipe is that is a great one. Very, very easy to make.
You can do whatever frosting you want.  Or you can have it simple, just some icing sugar on top.

I will write here the original frosting. What I did, I went for some vanilla topping and I sprinkled some chocolate chips. 
Just feel free to improvise ;)
And now the recipe.

Ingredients


For cupcakes:
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup buttermilk
3 tsp cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

For icing:
1 stick butter
5 tsp cocoa
1 lb confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk

Directions:

In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in room-temperature buttermilk.
In a saucepan, melt butter and cocoa together at a low temperature.
When smooth, add water.
In a separate bowl, sift together sugar, flour, and salt.
Add cocoa mixture and egg and mix at low speed.
Add buttermilk mixture and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Bake at 350 F / 180 C for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Preparing the icing from the original recipe:
In a saucepan, melt butter at low temperature.
In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa and sugar.
Add melted butter, vanilla, and milk and beat at low speed until mixed.
Frost cupcakes generously. 


Hope you envoy the cupcakes!

Happy day name to my hubby! 








 

Niciun comentariu: