miercuri, 3 aprilie 2013

White chocolate cupcakes


I tried a new recipe, but it's been some busy days for me and sadly I didn't had time to post it. 
This time CHOCOLATE was the main ingredient. 
Now, be honest and tell me the truth: Do you love chocolate? Of course you DO.
A better question will be ''Who doesn't?'',  right? 

But most of all, I adore white chocolate. So why not make a cupcake with it?
Look how delicious can look! Yummy! 


Lately I've been searching cupcake recipes with chocolate. The idea came to me after one of my neighbors brought me some chocolate as gratitude for helping her with the internet connection. Because it was chocolate eggs (Easter just passed few days ago) I thought that I could use them inside the cupcakes.

These are the chocolate eggs that I used
After searching a little bit, I found this nice recipe. Chocolate inside, used as filling, and outside, on the frosting. The result is delicious. You should really try it.

The recipe is an adapted version of Lynn's Crawford ''Red Velvet White Chocolate Cupcakes''. 



Ingredients for 12 cupcakes

  • 1 and 1/4 cup white flour
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2  eggs
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 12 white chocolate balls, unwrapped and frozen
Icing
  • 1 - 8 oz package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 - 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
  • 3 oz white chocolate, melted


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line the pan with the cupcake liners or use the silikon ones, as I did.


 In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 

In another bowl combine buttermilk, vinegar and vanilla.
In a large bowl or with your mixer, beat together butter and sugar until creamed.
Add eggs and beat to combine. 
Alternate adding the dry ingredients (3 additions)  and buttermilk (2 additions).

Fill cupcakes tins 2/3 full.
Add one chocolate ball to the center of each cupcake, pressing down, then use a spoon to cover it with the mixture

Bake for 20 minutes. You can not stick a tooth pick in because of the chocolate, but the top will look set when done.   
After I took them out of the oven
Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.



Icing 

In a large bowl or mixer bowl beat together butter and cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
Add icing sugar and vanilla starting on low, gently moving to high as icing sugar is incorporated.
Add cooled melted white chocolate and beat to combine. 

My icing happened to be a little bit soft and I place it in fridge to cool for 10-15 minutes. I think this happens because of the chocolate. 



To decorate some of my cupcakes, I added some extra white chocolate on top of the icing
 And Voilà! The final result!















Niciun comentariu: