duminică, 22 septembrie 2013

Berries gallete

This is my first time making gallete :) I always preferred  to make the classic version of a tart, but this rustic version is just as nice and I decided to give it a try.
I made my gallete with all kind of berries, but because they are not in season anymore and what you find in stores are very expensive I had to use the frozen ones. But in the end everything went super delicious and I'm really pleased with the result. Actually in the mix of berries I found some wild strawberries (those small and deliciousss strawberries) and they gave to my gallete a unique flavor.
I used my favorite sweet tart dough which I think is the best. I tried a few, but I think this is a great one. It's easy to make and it stays only 30 minutes in the fridge. Ohhh... and its buttery taste is divine!
What can I say more... this gallete really fed my soul and my belly (2 and a half portions :D)

Here is the recipe :)



INGREDIENTS:

Sweet tart dough
  •  1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1 stick of butter (4 ounces), cut into small pieces
  • 1 egg
  • 2-3 tablespoons cold water

Berries filling
  • 2 cups berries ( raspberries, wild strawberries, blackberries, bluerries and red currants)
  •  ½ cup sugar, adjust to taste
  •  1 tablespoons orange juice
  •  4 tablespoons of tapioca or corn starch


DIRECTIONS:

Sweet tart dough preparation
Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and mix.
Add the butter pieces, in batches, and pulse until mixed.

Add the egg and the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until clumps of dough start to form.

 Remove the dough from the food processor and knead it gently.
Mold the dough into a flattened thick disc, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Put the berries in a bowl, add the orange juice, sugar and tapioca or corn starch. Mix well and let rest for at least 30 minutes, stirring every once in a while. 

Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C.
On a floured sheet of wax paper, roll out the dough into a circle. Trim the edges if needed.
Put the dough on to a lightly greased tart pan.
Spread the berries mixture in the middle of pie dough (see photo).
Fold the dough over berries, overlapping at intervals (see photo).

Place it in the preheated oven.
Bake the tart between  20-35 minutes or until the crust is golden.

Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream or creme fraiche.






Photos by Emi Trasnitu

Niciun comentariu: