duminică, 29 septembrie 2013

Orange & Yogurt Tart

This weekend we had some friends over and we had a great time making BBQ and staying outside in the garden cause this may be one of the last weekends with nice weather. Our friends are expecting this December a baby girl so we had plenty discussions about  kids and pregnancy, accompanied by our cutie pie , Thomas,  who made us laugh with all his silly faces and talking.
I really wanted to bake something nice for my friend, Cristiana, and I choose a recipe from Martha Stewart. Orange and yogurt tart with an almond crust. It's sounds really fruity and fresh.
Here is the recipe Fresh orange and yogurt tart on Martha's Stewart site. You can also find a nice video of her baking the tart.
I will also write the recipe here, cause I made some changes in my version. My only problem with this tart is that you use gelatin and it has to stay in a cool place. I took my tart out of the fridge to serve it at room temperature, but the yogurt filling started to melt and it mixed with the crust and it didn't look so pretty while served. So if you make this tart for a party take it out of the fridge just before serving.
Because I have a quite big tart pan I had to double  all the ingredients , but then I realized that it's a little bit too much so I made a small tart with blueberries. It's so good with blueberries  and I think I fancied this version  better ;)
Here is the recipe step by step along with photos :)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup raw almonds
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • Coarse salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
  • 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin (from a 1/4-ounce packet)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (2 percent)
  • 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 3 medium navel oranges

DIRECTIONS:

In a food processor, pulse almonds, granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until finely ground.

Add flour; pulse to combine.
Add butter and pulse until mixture is crumbly and holds together when squeezed.
Press crumbs in bottom and up side of an 8-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. (I used a normal ceramic pan).
Freeze 15 minutes. (To store, cover and freeze, up to 1 month.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Place tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crust is golden brown and set, 30 to 35 minutes. 
Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes, then remove tart ring and let cool completely. (If using a normal tart pan let cool completely in the pan)

In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water and let stand 5 minutes.
In a small saucepan, warm heavy cream over medium.
When it begins to steam, add gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute.
In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, brown sugar, and pinch of salt.
Stir warm heavy cream mixture into yogurt mixture.
Pour filling into cooled tart shell and refrigerate until set, 2 hours (or up to 1 day).
With a sharp paring knife, slice off ends of oranges. Following curve of fruit, cut away peel, removing as much white pith as possible. Slice oranges into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and remove any seeds. Just before serving, arrange orange slices on top of tart.

My prego friend enjoing herself :D





Photos by Emi Trasnitu

Niciun comentariu: