vineri, 29 martie 2013

Raspberry and cava cupcakes


         It's been a couple of weeks since I've seen raspberries at the super-market and...damnnn they look delicious! It's impossible to resist :D


The raspberries that I used in my cupcakes
        Just yesterday my husband and I went to do some groceries shopping and he tells me to buy  strawberries and raspberries as much as possible. And I did! Lots of kilos of strawberries and raspberries.
It's like last year once again, except one thing, my prego belly. I was in love with all berries on this planet and...watermelon ( I also have a cupcake recipe for it too).

So, instantly I knew that I have to make this recipe that I have seen with cava and raspberries.



Although I like the result, I'm not a big fan of this recipe dough. I love that you have to use butter, but the dough is more like... bread. And because you have to use baking power the cupcakes grow too much, as you'll see in my pictures. You have to cut the excess in order to have good looking cupcakes, but don't throw it away. Put it aside and eat it later ;) 
Best will be to fill the tints less than 2/3, if you use the same amount of baking powder as in the recipe, or use only half of it.
I have one suggestion if you are a big fan of raspberries, you can put 100 g in the dough.

The most interesting part of the cupcake it's a puree that goes inside and the frosting, with raspberry liqueur. Niceee, right? And this makes you forget about the simple ''bread'' dough.


The best part was that I haven't used any food coloring for the frosting, as needed  for the recipe, just some juice left from the puree. And I love the result! All natural color!


Ingredients:
  •  115g butter
  •  220g sugar 
  •  250g flour
  •  1.5 teaspoons baking powder
  •  80 ml ​​of milk
  •  40 ml of cava/ good white wine
  •  2 eggs


For the filling:
  • 200g of raspberries
  •  4 tablespoons sugar

For the buttercream:
  • 250 g butter at room temperature
  • 300 g icing sugar
  • 4 tablespoons good cava/ good white wine
  • 1 teaspoon raspberry liqueur



Preheat the oven to 180 º.
Prepare the cupcake pan with 12 capsules.
Beat the butter and sugar until blended and mixture is clear.
Add the eggs and beat until all is incorporated. Sift the flour with the baking powder.
Add half the flour mixture and beat at low speed until incorporated. Then add the milk while beating on low speed.
Add the other half of the flour and finally the cava.
Split the mixture into capsules, without filling more than 2/3.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let them cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack until completely cool.
This is how my cupcakes looked after I took them out of the oven

 To fill the cupcakes, prepare a raspberry puree. Put the raspberries in a small pan with 4 tablespoons of sugar at low heat for 5-6 minutes. Then let it cool for 10 minutes and fill the cupcakes with it by making a hole in the middle. Add the filling with a teaspoon.

The raspberries with the sugar on the pan
The cupcakes filled with puree
How the puree looks inside the cupcake
To prepare the buttercream, sift the icing sugar and put it in a bowl along with the butter, cava and liqueur. Beat all ingredients at low speed first and then at maximum speed for about 5 minutes. You can dye with pink.

Hope you enjoy my photos!












Photos by Emi Costache

Niciun comentariu: