joi, 28 noiembrie 2013

Creme brulee with an Asian touch

My husband is a big fan of creme brulle. I mean ... who's not?
And because for almost a month I haven't made him anything sweet cause my sister was here and she was on a diet (girls and diets... as always) I couldn't tempt her with anything sweet. I could really see him suffering asking me every day when I'll bake something. My every day answer was "tomorrow''  (I'm a bad wife, what can I say...)
So my sister is gone and here I am, in the kitchen, preparing a great desert.
The recipe that I found belongs to  Eric Lanlard and you really have to try it.
 It's a great mix of flavors - french and thai. It's a creme brulee infused with lemon-grass and ginger. I never used lemon-grass before, but I'll definitely use it from now on. I loved the subtle notes that gave to my creme brulle. 

























Here is the recipe from Eric Lanlard along with the directions.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 350ml of double cream
  • 125ml of milk
  • 6 large eggs
  • 100g of caster sugar
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 2 stem of lemongrass, chopped
  • 1 stem of fresh ginger
  • Demerara sugar for sprinkling
DIRECTIONS:


Preheat the oven to 140C.

Put the ginger and lemon grass in a food processor and zap them to a paste. (I made them in a mortar)

In a saucepan add the cream, milk, split vanilla pod and the lemongrass and ginger paste then heat slowly until hot but not boiling.
In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs with the sugar until white and fluffy. Slowly pour the hot cream over the egg mixture mixing continuously.
Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
Pour the cream into a shallow dish and bake it for approximately 40 – 45 minutes until the mixture is wobbly. (I put my cream in 4 individual dishes)
Leave to cool down and sprinkle some Demerara sugar on the top and caramelize with a blow torch before serving.




 Photos by Emi Trasnitu


Niciun comentariu: