marți, 26 noiembrie 2013

French meringue

My first post regarding the recipes that I made at the baby shower party is about french meringue. I love them! They look absolutely adorable!
I remember how much I adored these sweet pieces of clouds when I was little. For a long period they were my favorites. My mom used to buy them for me and my sister and because they were coming in small pieces and different colors in the same bag, we were always fighting over the pink ones.
I knew from the beginning that I have to make french meringue for this baby shower. 
They are really easy to make and every loves them.
 Here is the recipe that I found and made for this occasion.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 egg whites
  • 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 150˚F*. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. With a pen, trace around a small round object. Repeat tracing circles, leaving 1-inch in between, till parchment paper is filled. Repeat with second sheet pan. Set aside.

2. Place egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and foamy.

3. With mixer on low speed, very slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla. Once all sugar has been added, set speed at medium and beat for 20 minutes. Mixture will be very thin at first, but will get quite thick, smooth and satiny.

4. Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with star tip

5. To pipe meringues: start in center of one circle and swirl outward in a circular motion till circle is filled with meringue. Repeat till all circles are filled. 

6. Bake for 2 hours or until meringues are crisp. Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven till completely cool. Remove from oven when cool .

7. At this point you can serve them like that or you can add some icing ( I used a purchased version with raspberry flavor) onto half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies and compress gently till filling spreads to edges. Also, you can add some on icing on top, like I did, for extra color.



 Photos by Emi Trasnitu.

Niciun comentariu: